ATD’s new participatory research is underway: measuring poverty differently!


ATD International and the Social Policy Institute of the Oxford University launched two weeks ago a participatory research project to develop new measures of poverty. The project did start with a seminar in Villarceaux, France, from 5 to 10 September 2016, with representatives of all the countries involved: Bangladesh, Bolivia, Tanzania, and the UK for the main project; and the USA, Ukraine, and France for satellite projects.

The research will be carried out until June 2019. It will generate proposals about how to measure poverty, and these will be processed by statisticians to define new indicators. For ATD’s expenses of the project, the French Development Agency will provide 44% of the financing. ATD International is still looking for the remaining 56%.

Xavier Godinot, from ATD’s research institute, and Professor Robert Walker, from the University of Oxford, will coordinate the work of the national research teams, under the supervision of the international experts on the Academic Advisory Panel.

Some pictures from the launching seminar of the project
in Villarceaux, France, from 5 to 10 September 2016

14238192_10154113667589775_6252149922499131756_n 14264249_10154113668314775_7423954463155804990_n 14264868_10154113667449775_8295800346765042667_n 14264893_10154113667294775_8030503212574474313_n 14291654_10154113668084775_8972967342928672318_n 14316849_10154113667834775_5057635588022709232_n