The ATD Ireland and 17 October Committee submission to the National SDG Implementation Plan welcomes the December 2017 first draft of the Irish Agenda 2030 Implementation Plan. The short time-frame and the limited circulation for the consultative process will probably impact its quality. We hope that the Governmental team which will finalize the plan will be able to take into account the various inputs.
The ATD Ireland and 17 October Committee submission suggests that the plan can be strengthened by an increased emphasis on:
- The “Leave No One Behind” promise
- Participation of the most vulnerable
- Consistency with EU frameworks
- Realizing Human Rights for All
- A Way for Ireland to Light the Way